Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - Enchanting 1920's Newlywed Couple from Fall River, Mass.

This 1920's wedding photograph of a young newlywed couple looks just like something out of an old Hollywood movie. It is one of the more intimate and unusual poses I have seen to date.  While I cannot see the full face of either of the unidentified subjects, I am totally drawn in by the beauty and sensuality of the pose and can feel the love and affection of this couple.  The photographer, J. A. Bello, was quite gifted at his craft, creating lifetime memories for his clients.  Bello was located at 226 S. Main St., Fall River, Mass.  The 4" x 6" photograph is enclosed in a beautiful, Art Deco style, embossed cardboard folder .


The photographer's full name was Jose Augusto Bello born in Azevo, Pinheil, Beira Baixa, Portugal on 28 Jul 1879.  He immigrated to the US in November of 1913 arriving at the port of St. Albans, Vt.  By 1925 he was working in Fall River, Massachusetts as a photographer at the Main Street address.  In the 1930 Fall River census he listed his marital status as widowed.  In 1940 he was living in East Providence,  RI where he continued his photography business.

5 comments:

  1. Her dress is so ethereal it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pose..I love the 1920's weddindg photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She Looks So Happy & Content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a beautiful portrait. The frame is the perfect complement.

    I'm glad you said this is from the 1920s. I have been wondering about a wedding photo passed down to me. I was told it is my great-grandmother, but the dress and bouquet look similar to this one, so it can't be her. She was widowed in 1918. Knowing the time frame of the picture will help me find a better candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That image would make for a great poster on some wall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...