Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Unknown Philadelphia Couple


Here is a picture of a newly married couple taken in Philadelphia, PA, probably between 1900 and 1910 I'm guessing based on the style of her dress (I'm still working on my photo dating skills).  She is holding a lovely basket of roses and note her eyeglasses.  He is very dapper in his dark suit, wearing white gloves and I particularly like his handlebar mustache.  I could not find any information about the photographer,  "The Sommer Studio, 210 N. Eighth St., Opp. Bijou Theatre, Phila."

7 comments:

  1. It's not very often that you see in a bride in glasses...being an eyeglass girl myself I love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they didn't have contacts back then so maybe she didn't want to miss being able to see everything in her own wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no contacts. But I bet a lot of brides just took their wedding photos blind, rather than have the glasses. I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I was thinking - probably a few stumbled down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone is still on this site, I'm curious if you could help, we have a picture of my great great great aunt from the same studio, and want to get more info on her, she was an actress but we were trying to find out if she was in any known films or just theatre. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have photo's of my 3xgreat aunt from the Sommer studio, same as this pic. Would you be able to help find out more bout who she is???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...