Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Wedding Wednesday - Elegant 1930's (Art Deco Era) Wedding Party

For today's Wedding Wednesday here is a great photograph of a very fashionable and sophisticated 1930's wedding party.  The bride and groom are in the middle; not sure which couple are the maid of honor and best man.  The bridal bouquet is made of Calla Lilly's which were very popular in the 1930's.  Her veil and the long train are a work of art!


The photographer was Damoff Studio of 37 Monroe St., Passaic, N.J.  I was unable to find much information on this photographer.  This appears to be Herman Damoff  born on  15 Sep 1891 and died in October of 1978 in New Jersey as per this 1930 Passaic, NJ City Directory entry:


4 comments:

  1. Aren't those bouquets lush! And those hats made a big comeback in the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really knew how to do a wedding back in those days! I see so many sites like Pinterest where people copy old pics & styles of the 20's & 30's for their wedding ideas

      Delete
  2. My fiancé and I just found a family photo in a newly acquired Duncan Phyfe china cabinet. It's in a paper frame stamped The Damoff Studio and an address in NJ. Have you learned anything new about the photographer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    Best wedding bands kansas city

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...